14 August 2006

highways

Thursay August third I flew out to New Mexico to meet up with Beth in anticipation of driving across the country to Rochester, New York, where both our families reside. Below is where I found Beth and Chris, at their desert compound south of Santa Fe.


The barn that is Beth & Chris's cozy house in New Mexico


Beth and Chris with Pork Chop and Olive Loaf

We Drove a southernly route, cutting across the Texas panhandle, a very flat land and less picturesque than the New Mexican desert. We stopped at the Cadillac Ranch for photo ops.


Beth and I at the Cadillac Ranch in Texas


Our delightful tiny traveling mascot, Lupita

The trip across the country was great fun, as was my week in Rochester which inclided a day trip to Niagara Falls (Canandian side). I'll upload many more photos at some point in the next week, so check back here later for the link.


The Northernernmost point of my trip: Nagara

No comments: