22 June 2007

challenges, opportunities.

I never did expound upon that statement, begun in a previous post this day.
(technically yesterday)

The situation in which I find myself is one of both challenge and (hopefully) opportunity, as summer hits.
You see, I recently learned of [somewhat dire] financial troubles of one of my clients; a situation leaving me (and several trusted colleagues) somewhat bereft for the moment. But-- it is summer after all, and summer is the bane of so many freelancers; so I have decided to take it in stride. Decided, consciously, to not panic. I never panic! (That has proved, over the years, to be both a strength and a weakness.)

The flip side of this untimely (or timely?) development, is that it has (1) come at the exact time during which I'm finally taking my future as a "fine artist" (I shouldn't use quotes) seriously, and (2) is, bizarrely, serendipitously, allowing me to actually do so.

All that in mind, I have been using my daytime- normally working hours- to CREATE! To begin, work on, and in fact actually finish many projects, in a way I have only allowed myself to imagine heretofor.

* yay for that! *

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You better be posting them up as you finish them!

And we're all holding you to the promise of some fantastic fine art!

Just sayin'....